Belden Industrial Ethernet Cables
Houston Wire & Cable Company stocks a full line of Belden DataTuff Industrial Ethernet cables that are ideal for harsh environments. Whether your application requires flexibility, outdoor use, exposure to high or low temperatures, gasoline, oil, sunlight, abrasion or crushing - HWC has the solution.
When to use Industrial Ethernet
Industrial plants rely heavily on their automation, instrumentation and control data communications to relay signals between devices, machinery and the control system to activate events on an exacting and pre-determined schedule, with little or no margin for error. Many industrial facilities are sizeable and their networking products must meet or exceed stringent industrial regulations and ratings. Users also desire optimal manageability and security so that network availability attains 99.999% uptime or better.
Networking safety, uptime, and control should be key factors in selecting networking cabling and why Belden ethernet cables are commonplace throughout industrial industry. 'Industry' is a broad term encompassing a multitude of diverse operations - from discrete manufacturing of every kind, to processing of foods and beverages, pulp and paper, chemicals, oil/gas and petrochemicals, to commercial and government sites such as power generation plants, wind energy farms, water and wastewater treatment facilities, airports and transportation hubs, military bases, ships and shipyards, rail yards, tunnels, dams and bridges.
Ethernet equipment and cabling often must withstand the following harsh environmental conditions:
- Temperature Extremes. Extreme cold can make COTS cables stiff and brittle, while elevated temperatures can degrade the plastic used in the cables' construction and cause an increase in attenuation. Industrial-grade cables are available that will operate in a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) than commercial cables (0°C to +60°C). Commercial-grade hardware (i.e. switches, routers, terminal servers) is designed to operate from 0°C to +40°C, while industrial Ethernet hardware can operate efficiently from 0°C to +60°C — extendable to -40°C to +85°C (conformal coating also available for humid/moist applications).
- Chemical Exposure. Oils, solvents, chemicals and cleaning solutions can soak into COTS cables, especially under heat, causing the cable jacket to swell and lose mechanical strength. On the hardware side, corrosive chemicals can damage the electronics in commercial switches, whereas ruggedized industrial switches are securely sealed to prevent ingress of these substances.
- Humidity Levels of up to 99 percent can be accommodated by industrial-grade switches, which can also be sealed to meet IP67 standards.
- UV Radiation Exposure can cause COTS cable jackets to decompose at an accelerated rate, compromising mechanical strength and electrical performance.
- Physical Hazards. The factory floor holds many mechanical risks, especially for machine automation cables and connectors. Excessive machine movement or vibration can result in cables being pulled or stretched with excessive force, which can create imbalance between the pairs, degrade electrical performance, and increase susceptibility to ambient EMI/RFI. Plant floor vehicles, such as forklifts and moving carts, can accidentally run over cables, causing abrasion, crushing or cut-through.
世界杯预选赛竞猜Even well-made, properly installed Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Ethernet systems are not constructed to survive these kinds of hazards. Only hardened, industrial-grade components just as Belden ethernet products are robust enough to withstand the harsh environmental challenges present every day in industrial settings. For mission critical industrial networking and control applications, downtime is not an option.
Available Features and Benefits
- Unshielded and shielded cables
- Solid or stranded conductors
- Plenum or non-plenum
- Bonded-Pair technology options
- Polyolefin or FEP insulation
- PVC, Polyethylene, FEP, or TPE jackets
- Heavy, Upjacketed, and Aluminum Armored
- Halogen-free and Low Smoke Zero Halogen constructions
- Burial or outdoor use, gasoline resistance, high and low temperatures
- Weldspatter resistance
- Field proven performance in presence of EMI/RFI
- RoHS approved
- Select cables are EtherNet/IP Compliant and/or MSHA approved
Applying Belden Industrial Ethernet cables to your infrastructure in a way that fits your application, including utilizing wireless appropriately, can truly transform your facility and provide unanticipated benefits.
Category 6 DataTuff Cables, Bonded Pair Technology, 4-Pair, Heavy-Duty Sunlight and Oil-Resistant Jackets (excluding 7931A: Sunlight-, Oil-, and Gas-resistant)
- 23 AWG Solid BC, Patented E-Spline Center Member
- 23 AWG Solid BC, Upjacketed
- 23 AWG Solid BC, Interlocked AL Armor, Polyester Wrap, Upjacketed
- 23 AWG Solid BC, Internal Tape Separator, EtherNet/IP Compliant
- 23 AWG Solid BC, High & Low Temp, Plenum-rated, Oil Res I & II
- 23 AWG Solid BC, Foil Shield, Upjacketed, EtherNet/IP Compliant
Category 5e DataTuff Twisted Pair Cables, 4-Pair, Heavy-Duty Sunlight and Oil-Resistant Jackets (excluding 7938A: Sunlight-, Oil-, and Weldsplatter-resistant; 7936A: Sunlight-resistant only)
- 22 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, PLTC-rated, Bonded Pairs
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Stranded TC (7x32), Bonded Pairs
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, Upjacketed, Oil Res I & II
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, AL Interlocked Armor, Polyester Wrap, Rip Cord
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, AL Interlocked Armor, Polyester Wrap
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG Stranded TC Drain Wire, MSHA Approved
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG Stranded TC Drain Wire, Low Smoke Zero Halogen Jacket
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Bonded Pairs, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG TC Drain Wire, Halogen-Free, Waterblocked Burial
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Stranded BC (7x32)
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Stranded BC (7x32), Bonded Pairs, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG Stranded TC Drain Wire
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, MSHA Approved
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG TC Drain Wire, MSHA Approved
- 24AWG 4-Pair Stranded Cu Alloy (7x32), Overall Beldfoil Shield + 85% TC Braid & Drain Wire, Upjacketed, Continuous Flex Rated
Ethernet/IP Compliant Category 5e DataTuff Cables, Bonded-Pair Technology, 2- and 4-Pairs, Heavy-Duty Sunlight and Oil-Resistant Jackets (excluding 7935A: Sunlight-Resistant; 7928A: Sunlight-, Oil-, and Gas-Resistant)
- 24 AWG 2-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord
- 24 AWG 2-Pair Solid BC, Overall Beldfoil Shield
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, MSHA Approved
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, Halogen Free, Waterblocked Burial
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, Low Smoke Zero Halogen Jacket
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Rip Cord, Upjacketed, MHSA Approved
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Overall Beldfoil + 70% TC Braid Shield, 24 AWG Solid Spiral Drain Wire
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, FEP Insulation and Jacket, High & Low Temp, Oil Res I & II
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Overall Beldfoil + 70% TC Braid Shield, 24 AWG Solid Spiral Drain Wire, 600V AWM Rated
- 24 AWG 4-Pair Solid BC, Overall Beldfoil Shield, 24 AWG Stranded TC Drain Wire, MSHA Approved, 600V AWM Rated
DataTuff® Industrial Ethernet Ruggedized Plug Kit T568B Cat 6 UTP/STP IP20
- Universal RJ45 Connector